Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Glee

I like tv. I have my shows - Lost, Gilmore Girls, House, Pushing Daisies. I could go on but don't want to resemble a potato. Dove and I differ here. She has a tv, I have seen it but I am quite sure she does not know what the remote looks like.

There is a new show on Fox. I have only seen the pilot episode but I loved it. It has it the ingredients - high school drama, popular school jock who can sing, nerdy girl you can tell is a beauty, the crap high school dynamics that make you watch over and over like when there is a Drive Me Crazy -esque marathon on USA. And singing. Did I forget the singing? It is titled Glee. Dave is about to kill me for the constant replay of a certain song over and over and over again on my iPod, but it makes me gleeful (you can get it on iTunes). It was performed in the pilot episode. I think I secretly wanted to be a thespian in HS but didn't realize it until now.




Apparently the show last week was just a teaser. It will run in the fall. You can read more about it here and here and you can watch the episode here for a few more weeks. And then we wait.

Remember, we want to hear what influential band you would nix from music history, so head on over to this post and let us know. And don't get mad when Don't Stop Believin' plays over and over in your head - it is my gift to you.

~mavis

7 comments:

Christy said...

I like tv too. When I met my husband six years ago, I didn't have a tv, didn't miss it, didn't think about it one way or another. Now, we have a flat screen and a DVR. I tape House Hunters International, Lost, Breaking Bad and Without a Trace. LOVE those shows...

Nicole said...

Ok, I NEED that song. It's totally great. I didn't get to watch the pilot when it was on TV but it looks like the kind of show I would love--singing and high school drama, which I agree, is strangely addicting.

♥ Lindsay ♥ said...

I did catch the episode of Glee and really really liked it, though I wish it wasn't a teaser because I will likely forget about it by Fall. Life always gets in the way and I loose interest pretty quickly. There are a few shows I really enjoy, but rarely is there one that I would schedule my life around.

Pieces of Us said...

A teaser really?? I loved the pilot. I have been searching my DVR nightly trying to find out when it will be on again. Dang. I guess I have to wait.

I love this song. I'm headed over to iTunes now. Thanks!

heather said...

missed the pilot... thanks for the reminder and in response (alright the third response) to the post below... could never get rid of Journey specifically because of this very song.

Through the Looking Glass said...

After that video, I'm going to have to watch the pilot. I love Journey!

I wish I had been a thespy too, back in the day. I can't really sing, but girlfriend, what I wouldn't have given to be in lights on that stage!

Erin said...

Loved the pilot, love the song, love my tv and Gilmore Girls and much more you mentioned. Love the blog BTW!