Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Want This...

Maybe I am in a girly mood as I watch my daughter and her friend play dress up while I sift through Etsy, but so be it. This will be a girly etsy finds.



This is brilliant. Oh So Sassy has taken some of their dresses and turned them into DIY kits. The kit includes the pre-cut fabric (with some finished edges), thread and instructions! That is half the battle right there, the cutting out the pattern part. So say hello to your inner seamstress and try it. You know you want to. And the dress is darling. Check out the other dresses that are already made.











Zelaya's boutique exudes femininity. Everything in it would make me feel so pretty and dainty-like. Even the handbags. I think that is a good thing. I love this Ruffle Top, so, so much.


















This Windy on the Coast print from Roadside Projects makes me think of looking out some magical window in to a whimsical other world. Well, all the art in the shop does.


















My daughter C would love this little dress from Whole Grain Baby. I love the ruffled neck, it seems so grown up, refined but girly for little girls.













I love all sorts of hair accessories for me and my little gal. Sometimes we love big and whimsy and sometimes we love simple and sweet. Sweet Olives fits the bill for simple and sweet.





~mavis

6 comments:

Christy said...

I love all these beautiful items. I don't sew - but if I did, I would order that dress. Gorgeous. Love the ruffled neck dress too - precious. I love dressing my daughter up too - and she's still just a baby. So fun!

♥ Lindsay ♥ said...

I LOVE the idea of DYI kits! It gets beginners comfortable with trying new things :) Nice collection ladies!

Amanda said...

Love the kits, love the dresses, love the prints, love the clips - love it all! Great Etsy finds: You are an Etsy super-sleuth and have impeccable taste that I trust completely.

I'll go check them all out now!

MZB said...

The Oh So Sassy kits also come in bigger sizes I just emailed her about my very tall five year old and she said she could make size 7/8 for me. Just an FYI

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Great finds! I LOVE the fabric that Whole Grains uses - especially the floral you picture.

Leslie said...

LOVE the Oh So Sassy site. I'm going to have to buy a sewing machine now...