Thursday, July 9, 2009

a song & a thought - brought to you by the letter d for dove



Another Ingrid Michaelson song (my apologies that it's one of those cheesy homemade lyrics videos - it was most easily heard of all the options). So sweet & simple. "I am giving up on greener grasses..." She means that she has given up on the thought of someone better being out there. She has found her one and only. Maybe he is perfect. OR...more likely...she has decided to focus her energy on making that relationship work. These lyrics remind me of something I've been thinking about a lot lately so I leave it with you to ponder.

The grass is greener where you water it.


5 comments:

mavis said...

I love your deep-thinking ways Dovie.

Amanda said...

Oh. Good. Heavens.

If I wanted a tattoo, I'd have "The grass is greener where you water it" splashed across my butt. If I like vinyl lettering I'd put it above my bed. If I had a fifth child, I'd name her that.

Alas, I'm going to settle for quoting you (your genius, no?) to every person I meet for the next year; just to keep reminding myself of how true that is. This speaks to me on so many levels, because I am constantly dreaming of the rolling hills that "must be" just right over the horizon from my often weedy patch.

Perhaps I need to spend a little time in the garden and some money on fertilizer?

Thanks - let's meet. Mavis? Set us up.

mavis said...

I am going to tattoo those words to my eyelids so that when I sleep it seeps into my brain. Or when I close my eyes and count to 10 to calm down, seeping into my brain.

Thanks Dove.

suzan said...

Holy smokes Dove, "The grass is greener where you water it"~ I love that! Is that your own? You need to write a book.

Karyn Mann said...

Oh Ingrid... you make everything better.
You have done it again Dove.
You get me.