Monday, May 4, 2009

Music Monday - Thao and the Get Down Stay Downs

These groovers are playing in Salt Lake tomorrow night and all I know is I'm so gonna get down AND stay down at the show.



"It just soothes you doesn't it, like a lick of ice cream." Come on, how can you pass up a band that busts those kind of lyrics?

I hope to see you there. Kilby Court. 7 bells. 10 bones.

And don't forget to enter the contest below. Even if you don't have a baby - surely you know someone who does.

-Dove

5 comments:

suzan said...

Ew, I like it! :)

mavis said...

I especially like when she starts getting all loud and crazy. What happy music. And is it just me or so you think her voice doesn't fit her little body? She is totally right about soothing and ice cream.

Supercords said...

Count me in. Let me know where you want to meet. Text me.

Shane

PagerStalker said...

Is it against blogging rules to post a comment days after it was put up? I know you are all blog-scared dove, but you do have good blog etiquet.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I have seen Thao and the Get Down Stay Down twice now. Love it.....She dances on rhythm but all uncoordinated-like - it really is funky and fun to watch. What happy cool music - I hope they get a little bigger - they deserve it. And the drummer is really fun to watch as well.

Catchatori said...

Saw her live last year at Sasquatch, she has a great energy!