Thursday, August 6, 2009

1/2 a thousand days


Just saw the most wonderful show. 500 Days of Summer. The soundtrack makes you want to just listen all day and smile. I want to watch it over and over again, tap my toes over and over again, smile and laugh over and over again. The best scene might be accompanied by Hall and Oates. Hall and Oates people.



How did the boy from 3rd Rock From the Sun go from cutesy little kid to this handsome, dreamy man? And his cute Pumas? The guys knows how to wear sneakers with a suit. Not to mention, he can sing. Wish he did more.

My only problem with the show, and it might be a big one, was Zooey Deschanel. I don't dig her. I guess a little. She's fine and we probably aren't supposed to adore her anyway, but there was just something.

There are so many quotable lines from this movie. I'm a horrible quoter, I botch them, so what I would like is for you to quote them to me. Go see the show, out in most theaters Friday and come back and quote me. Please? It would make me sooo happy.

And the soundtrack, did I mention the feel good, makes you wanna smile, dance and smile some more soundtrack? Hall and Oates is on it. Does that entice you?

The whole movie was ... well, I'm still smiling.

~mavis

3 comments:

Dove said...

Wait, so how did you go if it's not out yet? Do you get some special screening pass because of your celebrity status (due, mostly in part to this super high profile blog)??

Well, the show looks great. I can't wait to see it. And I have liked Miss Zooey since Bridge to Terabithia. Ohhh I loved her in that.

Hall & Oates??? This movie is a winner for sure!

Mindy Sauther said...

This was one of my favorite movies I saw at Sundance last year! I loved it when he was singing and the little cartoon birds show up. This movie made me smile. I can't wait to see it again.

Bonnie said...

So glad you liked the movie and blogged about it because other popular bloggers have too but they've all hated the movie. Which makes me sad because I'm dying to see it! So good to hear someone liked it!