Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Poor Forgotten Holiday

I had to run some errands tonight - costumes to make ya know? I have outsourced Caroline's witch costume to my mother. I made the mistake of taking Caroline with me to the fabric store to pic out some stuff for her costume. We left over an hour later and $42 poorer after she found that you can actually make things from a pattern and not just from my noggin. I had plans of making her a darling little witch but now she is going to be a well-planned and executedly-patterned witch.

Eli on the other hand wants to be Silver, you know, Sonic's silver friend. In any case, no costume to be found so I am going to have to use some serious crafty skills to make this happen. This is what I will be up to for the next little bit. Wish me luck and send me any suggestions you may have. And honeycrisp apples.

Back to my title. While hopping stores tonight I noticed holiday horrendousness! One aisle dedicated to the upcoming holiday, Halloween, which still doesn't happen for 16 days. Then, I turn the corner still looking for silver face paint but instead I get silver bells. And red, green and gold bells. And tinsel. Seriously, what gives? Poor Halloween who is just trying to keep its place in the retail sector getting pushed out by the massively pushy Christmas cheer. And don't even get me started on forgotten Thanksgiving that should remind us of all the things we should be grateful for. Poor Turkey day. Where is their aisle?

What are you going to be for Halloween? Do you like to make your costumes? Or let little elves do it for you?

~mav

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm not dressing up, but Fiona is going to be a fairy princess, courtesy of Gymboree. I need to get crafty -- next year!

I feel bad for thanksgiving too!