Friday, May 28, 2010

Etsy Love

Apparently school is almost out.  A friend had to remind me that there isn't 2 or three weeks of school left but 4 days.  Where did the last month go?  I'm in the haze of nursing, diapers, baby sleep and repeat.  Poor family that needs my brain.  Today the kids got out the slip n' slide even though we have had a cool, wet spring - I guess they are getting desperate.

I decided to see what Etsy had to offer in terms of "send the kids outside to have fun" fun.  Here is just some of the good stuff.

I love a good teepee and it looks like Calico Skies Crafts likes to make them.  My kids would l.o.v.e. this.  Not joking.



Sidewalk paint?  Are you kidding?  We love our sidewalk chalk but paint from Sidewalk Sensations might take us to a whole 'nother level.


We'd go to my Grandma's each weekend when we were kidsters and get out my uncle's retro skateboards (not so retro then).  We loved them.  They weren't trick ones, but good riding ones. I still have one in my garage that my kids can practice on.  But a custom board from Forshner Designs, without all the skulls and comic stuff on the bottom?  I would love that.  And my three year old shows some promise on the ones we have here.


Summer screams out loud when I see a hula hoop.  You too?  And a custom one?  You might as well order one for each member of the family and have some competition.  I love these ones from Island Hoops.  And I was reading their shop announcement about hooping and I think I might have to try it.


When we bought our house 8 years ago, even thought the property was 60 plus years old, the original owners never planted a legitimate tree.  So our thoughts of awesome tree swings or forts were postponed until our shademaster or maple grow a bit larger and stronger.  My dream one day is to have this swing from shiver.me.splinters hanging playfully from one of our branches, with one of our monkeys swinging freely.


We played countless games of Kick the Can, Hide and Seek, soccer and who knows what else outside during the summer.  What did you do all summer when you were a kid?

Don't forget about the giveaway!  And have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

what a darling blog! found you through julie:)

so cute and i can't wait to read more!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

this is such a great list! i love all the handmade summery goodness.
have a happy day!